Investing in hotels is becoming ever more attractive, even as the industry becomes legally more complex to navigate. The COVID-19 pandemic has led to widespread restructurings and divestitures, but there is still much potential in the market.
Our team is at the forefront of this area. We have a wealth of experience with both domestic and international hotel transactions, and we can provide comprehensive and tailored advice throughout the entire life cycle of a hotel property. We specialize in this niche, and can also rely on our experts in other practice groups as needed (corporate/M&A, banking and finance, insolvency law, employment law, regulatory law, intellectual property law, litigation, etc.). In multinational transactions, we act as the single point of contact for our clients and coordinate local partner law firms on their behalf. In this way, we support our clients in their international expansion and ensure both uniform documentation and a high standard of quality.
Our clients include renowned national and international project developers, owners, hotel operators, franchisors and franchisees, investors, and financiers. We advise with regard to all categories of hotels, from budget to luxury.
Our expertise at a glance:
- Hotel-specific lease and rental agreements, management agreements, franchise agreements, hybrid agreements
- Project development agreements and technical services agreements
- Company and property purchase agreements (share deal and asset deal)
- Legal due diligence reviews
- Cross-border and portfolio transactions
- Strategic mergers and joint ventures, including antitrust review
- Restructuring and insolvency law
- Project and acquisition financing
- Contentious disputes
- Employment law aspects